• 1885: Construction of the properties of John Hay and Henry Adams.
• 1927: Acquisition of the properties by Harry Wardman.
• 1928: Construction of the Hotel in an Italian Rennessance style by architect Mihran Mesrobian.
• 1933: Acquisition of the Hay Adams by the hotel magnate Julius Manger.
• 1973: Sale of the Hotel by the Manger family.
• 2006: Acquisition by the Hay Adams by the real estate company, B. F. Saul Company for $100 million.
Article by « Grand Hotels of the World & VB.com », written from « Cremerie de Paris ».