• 1892: Caspar Badrutt acquired the Hotel Beau Rivage. With the help of the architects Chiodera & Tschudi the Beau Rivage was completely rebuild. The style is influenced by Jugendstiel and Historism.
• 1896: The Hotel reopened as the « Palace Hotel ». During the first years it was only open in the summer. Thanks to the charisma of Caspar Badrutt’s father, Johannes Badrutt, St Moritz developed into a chic winter resort, St Moritz, Top of the World.
• 1912: Construction of the western part of the Hotel.
• 1930: A winter day in St Moritz
• 1935: Was added the Chesa Veglia, a Palace Hotel owned world famous restaurant. Chesa Veglia is considered to be the oldest house of St Moritz.
• 1958: Princess Soraya, just divorced from the Shah of Iran spends the New Years evening at the Palace Hotel accompagnied by her friend Johannes von Thurn und Taxis.
• 1964: Film « So zwitschern die Jungen » by Peter Schamoni.
• 1970: Adding of a Swimming Pool.
• 1999: Hotelmanagement was handed over to the US Hotelgroup « Rosewood Hotels & Resorts ». Rosewood completed some renovation work but there were some differences with the Badrutt family.
• 2003: The Rosewood management contract came to an end.
• 2004: Hans Wiedemann took over the Hotel management which is again run like a private Hotel.
• 2008: Hans Wiedemann inherited 2/3 of the Hotel from Hansjürg und Aniko Badrutt with the desire to keep the cultural heritage of this icon in the Hotel industry. The remaining third was sold by another family member, a nephew of Hansjürg Badrutt, Johannes Badrutt, to the Italian real estate company Zunino.
• 2013: Fairytale film « A Palace Story » made by the Palace Hotel.
Article by « Grand Hotels of the World & VB.com », written from « Cremerie de Paris ».