• 1758: King Louis XV (great grandson and successor of Louis XIV)
asks his architect Jacques-Ange Gabriel to erect the « place Louis XV »
(today place de la Concorde)
with two identical facades on the left and the right side of the rue Royale.
The left side is occupied by the "Hotel de la Marine".
On the right side 4 mansions are builyt behind one uniform facade:
Hôtel de Coislin (today 4 place de la Concorde, corner rue Royale)
Hôtel Plessis-Bellière (today 6 place de la Concorde)
Hôtel Cartier of Hôtel Moreau (today 8 place de la Concorde)
d'Aumont (later Hotel de Crillon, today 10 place de la Concorde, corner rue Boissy d'Anglas)
The architect of the Hotel d'Aumont is Louis François Trouard.
• 1780s: according to the legend Queen Marie Antoinette (wife of King Louis XVI) took piano lessons at the mansion.
• 1788: Acquisition of the building by Count François Felix de Crillon as a private home for his family
• 1789: French Revolution
• 1791: Confiscation of the Hotel de Crillon by the Government of the French Revolution.
• 1907: Acquisition of the building by the société du Louvre. With the architect Walter-André Destailleur
the building gets transformed into a Hotel.
Two adjacent buildings on rue Boissy d'Anglas are also purchased and added to the renovation project.
• 1909: March 12 Opening of the Hotel de Crillon as a Grand Hotel.