• 1758: King Louis XV (great grandson and successor of Louis XIV)
asks his architect Jacques-Ange Gabriel to erect the « place Louis XV »
(today place de la Concorde)
with two identical facades on the left and the right side of the rue Royale.
The left side is occupied by the "Hotel de la Marine".
On the right side 4 mansions are built behind one uniform facade:
- Hôtel de Coislin (today 4 place de la Concorde, corner rue Royale)
- Hôtel Plessis-Bellière (today 6 place de la Concorde)
- Hôtel Cartier of Hôtel Moreau (today 8 place de la Concorde)
d'Aumont (later Hotel de Crillon, today 10 place de la Concorde,
corner rue Boissy d'Anglas)
The architect of the Hotel d'Aumont is Louis François Trouard.
• 1775 - 1782: architect Trouard works on the intérioir of the building,
décoration by Pierre Adrien Paris.
• 1783 - 1787: according to the legend Queen Marie Antoinette (wife of King Louis XVI) took piano lessons at the mansion.
• 1788: Acquisition of the building by Count François Felix de Crillon
as a private home for his family
• 1789: French Revolution
• 1791: Confiscation of the Hotel de Crillon by the Government of the French Revolution.
• 1812 - 1904: The Crillon family, now called Crillon-Polignac returns to the Palace.
• 1906: Acquisition of the building by the société du Louvre.
Emile and Isac Peireire are investors.
With the architect Walter-André Destailleur
the building gets transformed into a Hotel.
Two adjacent buildings on rue Boissy d'Anglas are also purchased
and added to the renovation project.
• 1909: March 12 Opening of the Hotel de Crillon as a Grand Hotel.
• 1909: The chef of the Crillon gets most of the food from the nearby Halles Centrales marked, most cheeses come from Cremerie de Paris.
• 1911 Nov 11: Foundation papers of the Société des Nations Unis
wre elaboratd at the Crillon
by US President Thomas Woodrow Wilson
• 1933: Hotel de Crillon opens a bar,
Coco Chanel and Maurice Chevallier come for drinks.
• 1940 - 1944: Hotel seat of the German occupation forces
• 1944 August: Hotel de Crillon one of the last buildings to be liberated by General Lecerc
• 1946: Reopening of the Hotel
• 1960s: Konrad Adenauer
The Taittinger family
• 1887: Pierre Taittinger born in Paris.
he is the son of Pierre Alexandre Taittinger
and the heiress Caroline Testut (mesuring instruments)
• 1932: Pierre Taittinger founds Taittinger Champagne in Reims.
• 1954: Pierre Taittinger becomes president of the société du Louvre.
• 1965: Pierre Taittinger dies.
• 1970: Guy Taittinger creates the chain Hotels Concorde
which manages the Luxury Hotels owned by the Taittinger family.
• 1973: The Taittinger family buys the Hotel de Crillon
>which becomes the crown jewel
of their French Luxury ang Hotel empire.
Pierre Taittinger has 8 children:
from a first marriage with Gabrielle Guillet (1893-1924)
- Guy Taittinger (1918 - 1978)
-- Michel Taittinger (born 1944)
--- Jules Marie Taittinger (born 1976)
--- Pierre Taittinger (born 1979)
--- Mathilde Taitinger (1987-1988)
--- Victoria Taittinger (born 1995)
--- Horatia Taittinger (born 2005)
-- Marie Caroline Taittinger (born 1946)
--- Guillaume Frerejean Taittinger (born 1978)
--- Richard Frerejean Taittinger (born 1980)
--- Rodolphe Frerejean Taittinger (born 1986)
-- Thierry Taittinger (born 1953)
- Michel Taittinger (1920 - 1940)
- François Taittinger (1921- 1960)
-- Amaury Taittinger (born 1950)
--- Marion Taittinger (born 1981)
--- Thibault Taittinger (born 1983)
--- Hugo Taittinger (born 1995)
-- Patricia Taittinger - de Galard (born 1951)
-- Hugues Taittinger (born 1954)
--- Ines Taittinger (born 1990)
- Jean Taittinger (1923-2012) major or Reims,
1977 president of société du Louvre
-- Anne Claire Taittinger (born 1949), exTaittinger Hotel management
-- Jean Frantz Taittinger (born 1951), exTaittinger Hotel management
--- Alexandre Taittinger (born 1977)
--- Tessa Taittinger (born 1980)
--- Tarik Taittinger (born 1981)
--- Franz Taittinger (born 1991)
-- Pierre Emmanuel Taittinger (born 1953) buys back Taittinger Champagne
once the heart of the dismanteled Taittinger Group
--- Clovis Taittinger (born 1978)
--- Vitalie Taittinger - Champion (born 1979)
--- Clemence Taittinger (born 1981)
-- Victoire Taittinger - Gardner (born 1959)
--- Evan Gardner (born 1985)
--- Emma Gardner (born 1987)
--- Nadya Gardner (born 1993)
--- Parker Gardner (born 1995)
-- Wladimir Taittinger (born 1960)
--- Arvid Taittinger (born 1991)
--- Olaf Taittinger (born 1995)
- Marie Clotilde Taittinger - Henrion (born 1924)
-- Pascal Henrion (1947 - 1970)
-- Sophie Henrion (born 1948)
---Louis Maximilien Solanet (born 1979)
-- Jerôme Henrion (born 1952)
--- Charles Henrion
--- Vincent Henrion
--- Clotilde Henrion
from a second marriage with Anne Marie Mailly (1897-1986)
- Pierre Christian Taittinger (1926 - 2009), major of Paris 16th
- Claude Taittinger, president of société du Louvre and the Champagne house
-- Brigitte Taittinger (born 1959)
-- Virginie Taittinger (born 1961)
-- Christine Taittinger (born 1965)
- Colette Taittinger - de Margerie (born 1928)
-- Patrice de Margerie (1949 - 2017),
ex president of Concorde Hotels (including Crillon)
-- Christophe de Margerie (1951 - 2014)
president of Total
-- Jean Marc de Margerie (born 1956)
ex director of Hotel Lutecia (Concorde Hotel)
-- Victoire de Margerie (born 1963)
-- Sybille de Margerie, Luxury Hotel designer
• 1983: Renovation of the Hotel de Crillon
under the architect Roubert. Fashion designer Sonia Rykiel
and the sculptor César participate in the decoration.
• 1992: first Bal des Debutantes, fashion event.
• 2000: growing conflicts among the heirs of the Taittinger family
• 2005: Starwood Capital managed by Barry Sternlicht
buys the entire Groupe Taittinger including Societe du Louvre
(with Hotel de Crillon, Hotel Martinez and more Hotels),
the champagne house and other activities
from the 45 heirs of the Taittinger champagne family
and the investor Albert Freres.
• 2010: Aquisition of the Hotel by Mutaib Ben Abdallah Ben Abdelaziz Al Saoud,
3rd son of King Abdallah of Saudi Arabia.
• 2011: Film Hotel de Crillon.
• 2011 October: Sarah von Meister stays at the Crillon. She encourages the Grand Hotels tof the World.com projetct.
• 2012: Last Bal des Debutantes.
>with Amalia Windsor
• 2013: March 31 Hotel closes for a two year renocation project.
• 2013: April 18 - 22 Auction of the Crillon decoration by Arcturial.
• 2013: December Management contract signed with Rosewood.
• 2017: Hugo Matha designs the new uniformes for the Crillon.
Karl Lagerfeld designes sthe suite "les grands appartements"
and the room Choupette in honor of his famous, over the top cat.
• 2017: July 5 Reopening of the Crillon with 124 rooms.
• 2017: 1:42:00 min Documentary of the Crillon by France 2 explaining many aspects of the Renovation
shown on TV France 2 by Quentin (2018)
• 2018: Return of the Bal des Debutantes at the Crillon.