• 1872 Oktober 21: Anton Brenner, a textile manufacturer from Baden-Baden buys the Stephanienbad (also called in French Stéphanie les Bains) on the fashionable Lichtentaler Allee.
• 1875: Construction of the Park Hotel.
• 1822: Camille Brenner takes the management of the Hotel and makes it a world famous Palace Hotel.
• 1920: Kurt and Alfred Brenner take the Management in the 3rd generation, time of the « Golden Twenties ».
• 1923: The Oetker family from Bielefeld, famous for baking powder, becomes shareholder in the Hotel.
• 1941: Rudolf August Oetker buys the majority of the shares in the Hotel.
• 1950 April 1: Reopening of the Hotel after WW2.
• 1953: Visit of Queen Soraya of Iran.
• 1962 February 15: Meeting between chanceler Konrad Adenauer and President Charles de Gaulle preparing the French German friendship treaty.
• 1969: After 50 years at the head of the Hotel, Alfred Brenner retires. It’s the end of the area of the Brenner family, but the Hotel remains a family business.
• 1969: Encouraged by the success of the Park Hotel Rudolf August Oetker buys his 2nd Hotel, the Hotel du Cap in Antibes
• 1995: 66th Franco German summit betweet chanceler Helmut Kohl and President Jacques Chirac.
• 2000: Director Richard Schmitz retires and is replaced by Frank Marrenbach.
• 2009: Chanceler Angela Merkel and President Barack Obahma meet at the Brenners.
• 2014: Opening of the Spa at Villa Stéphanie.
Article by « Grand Hotels of the World & VB.com », written from « Cremerie de Paris ».